Version dated 25/01/2020
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this Website.
Consilience Ventures is committed to safeguarding and preserving your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), to the extent it is applicable, the joint data controllers and data processors are
Consilience Ventures Limited
Harbour Place, 2nd Floor, 103 South Church Street, PO Box 472, Grand Cayman KY1-1106
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PK2M Limited of 7 Switch House, 4 Blackwall Way, E14
Contact Email: Contact@PK2M.com
Information That We Collect From You
Principally, we process personal data of users of our Website only when it is a requirement for providing a functioning website. Where users are Members of the Consilience Ventures Platform use of their data is also subject to the Consilience Ventures Platform Terms and Conditions. The processing of personal data of our users takes place periodically and exclusively after the consent of the user. An exemption is in force for such cases, where a prior obtaining of a consent is not possible for actual reasons and where the processing of the data is permitted by law.
Information we collect about you
1 Description and extend of data processing
With every view of our website, our system automatically collects data and information of the computer system of the viewing device.
The following data will be collected:
- Information about the type of browser and the used version
- The operating system of the use
- The internet service provider of the user
- Temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable a distribution from the website to the computer of the user. For this purpose, the IP address from the user needs to be stored.
Furthermore, we use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you, and for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or products.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. If you have previously purchased or required about our products or services we may provide to you details of similar products or services, or other products and services that you may be interested in. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Unless you consent otherwise, we never give your personal details to third parties to enable them to provide you with information regarding to the sale of goods or services.
We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing.
By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Length of storage
The data will be erased, once they are obsolete for the achievement of the purpose of their collection. In case of the collection of data to provide the website, it is the case when the respective session is over.
In case of storage of data in logfiles, it is the case after no later than seven days. In this case, the IP addresses of the users will be erased, or defamiliarised, so that an attribution of the viewing user is not possible anymore.
Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- Members of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Consilience Ventures or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply agreements between yourself and Consilience Ventures; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Consilience Ventures, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To reduce the risk of fraud.
If personal data from you are processed, the following rights appertain to you:
1. Right to information
You can request confirmation from the person in authority, if personal data, which are affecting you, are processed by us.
If such a processing is existing, you can request to obtain information about:
- The purpose, on which personal data can be processed;
- The categories of personal data, which are processed;
- The recipient e.g. the categories of recipients, towards which the data relating to you got revealed, or will be revealed;
- The planned length of storage of the personal data relating to you, or, if concrete statements regarding that are not possible, criteria for the determination of the length of storage;
- The existence of a right to correct or to erase the personal data relating to you, a right of restriction of processing through the person in authority or a right to withdraw this processing;
- The existence of a right of complaint at a regulating authority;
- All available information about the origin of the data, if the personal data are not collected at the person in question;
- The existence of an automatised decision making including profiling and – at least in these cases – comprehensive information about the involved logic as well as the scope and the intended consequences of such a processing for the person in question;
You have the right, to request information, if the personal data relating to you are transferred to a third-party country or to an international organisation. In this context, you can require to be briefed about the suitable.
2. Right to correction
You have the right of correction and/or completion towards the person in authority, as long as the personal data processes, which are relating to you, are incorrect or incomplete. The person in authority is obliged to do the correction immediately.
3. Right to restriction the processing
Under the following requirements, you can request to restrict the processing of data relating to you:
- If you deny the correctness of the personal data relating to you, which enables the person in authority to verify the correctness of the personal data;
- The processing is illegitimate and you decline the erasure of the personal data and instead request a restriction of the use of the personal data;
- The person in authority no longer needs the personal data for the purpose of processing, however you need those data to raise a claim, to execute or to defend titles or
- when you withdraw the processing, without certainty, whether the justified reasons of the person in authority outweigh yours.
If processing the data relating to you was restricted, these data, apart from your storage – can be only processed with your consent, or to raise a claim, to execute or to defend titles or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person, or for reasons of an important public interest of the union or a member state.
If the restriction of processing was restricted in accordance with the above mentioned requirements, you will be briefed before the restrictions will be overturned.
4. Right to erasure
4.a) Obligation to erase
You can request to erase the relevant personal data relating to you of the person in authority immediately, and the person in authority is obliged to erase these data immediately, as long as one of the following reasons is accurate:
- The personal data relating to you are no longer necessary for the purposes they have been collected or processed.
- You withdraw your consent in accordance with the applicable rules, where processing relied thereupon, and an otherwise legal basis for processing is absent.
- You withdraw processing in accordance with the applicable rules and no prior justified reason for processing exist. Or you withdraw processing, in accordance with the applicable data protection rules.
- The personal data relating to you was processed illegitimately.
- The erasure of the personal data relating to you is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation in accordance with European legislation or the legislation of the member states, is subject to the person in authority.
- The personal data relating to you were collected in terms of offered services of an information society.
4.b) Information to third parties
Where we have made the personal data public and are obliged pursuant to the above to erase the personal data, we, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform any controller(s) which are processing the personal data that the user has requested the erasure by such controller(s) of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
The right to erasure does not exist as long as processing is necessary:
to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
to fulfil a legal obligation, that is subject to processing, the person in authority is subject to, requires, or, to exercise a task, that is in the public interest or to exercise public legislature, that was brought forward to the person in authority;
for reasons of the public interest in regarding public health;
for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in so far as the right to erasure referred to herein is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; orto enforce, exercise, or defend titles.
We shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing carried out in accordance with the above paragraphs to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. Consilience Ventures shall inform the data subject about those recipients if the data subject requests it.
6. Right of data portability
- You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another Controller without hindrance from Consilience Ventures, where:
- the processing is based on consent or on a contract; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
- In exercising his or her right to data portability pursuant to paragraph a herein, you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one Controller to another, where technically feasible.
- The right referred to in paragraph a) shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to withdraw
Anytime, you have the right, for reasons that result from special situations, to withdraw the processing of personal data relating to you; this also applies for profiling based on the applicable regulations.
If you withdraw your authority for the controller to process the relevant personal data they will no longer do so, unless they can provide reasons worth being protected, which outweigh your interest, rights and liberties, or the processing serves to raise a claim, to exercise or to defend a claim. Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
Third Party Links
On occasion we include links to third parties on this website. Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy.
If you wish to communicate with us about anything related to this policy, you may do so by sending an email to email@example.com or by post to